Apr. 2003 to
Old Page Layout Before My Site Rewrite
This page is a sample of my "Old Page Layout" as I revise my site.
You can see the "New Page Layout" here.
On this old page:
- The text body is narrower.
- The main menu was narrower (e.g., "Email Form Script" only showed as "Form Script" and "Multiple Sclerosis" only showed as "MS").
[NB: The newer menu has been implemented throughout the site, even on the old format pages.]
- "Retired" sections have been removed from the menu (e.g., Webrings, Snippets and Search). [NB: Because the newer menu has been
implemented throughout the site, even on the old format pages, these sections are retired throughout.]
- HTML made less use of CSS and used older HTML structures, including a table as the fundamental page construct.
- The "upper-right" page photos were formatted/positioned inside a smaller table inside the larger page table. On the new pages these
are are formatted/positioned using CSS.
- The bottom of the page menu is being eliminated. [NB: on the old format pages, the skeleton remains of the bottom of the page menu still
- There are still many failing links to external sites; these are being identified/corrected/removed.
- The link lists are being transformed to be database driven [examples are shown below all database driven].
During the transition, some old pages show formatting errors in the HTML, and the page may be "not quite right".
I appreciate your patience while this effort proceeds.
Way back in early 2011 when I started this silly project, completion was originally estimated for Dec.2011.
However the lengthy illness and death of my mother last year (20.Jul.2011) coupled with the effects of my strokes, some other medical issues, my volunteering
for the Harris County Hospital District Straberry Health Center and my personal focus on finding employment, have together caused me to reestimate completion
for Jan.2013, gods willing and the creeks don't rise.
Please email me about any
errors you detect or questions/suggestions you may have.