email to Synopsys Re the Statement on Software Patents
I wrote Synopsys to obtain information on the Statement of Synopsys on Software Patents.
This page shows the original message and subsequent correspondence.
[Note misspelling of Synopsys in the above URL.]
I am doing research on the Synopsys Software Patent Policy.
The above reference web page shows what purports to have once been a statement regarding Synopsys Software Patent Policy.
I am attempting to obtain an on the record response to:
(1) Is this an accurate transcript?
(2) Does a similar transcript exist on the Synopsys site?
(3) Did this accurately represent Synopsys corporate policy, or was it solely a personal statement by Paul Lippe?
(4) Is this still the policy of Synopsys?
(5) If it was and isn't now, when was it changed?
(6) If it never was, can you comment on it in any way? (e.g., a hoax, an urban legend, an unofficial statement, what?)
Thank you for your kind response. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.
James S. Huggins
From: bryn ekroot
Your request for information on a "Synopsys patent policy" was eventually routed to me. I would be happy to talk to you about this.
(1) I think the transcript is a reasonably accurate rendition of Mr. Lippe's spoken remarks. I have no reason to believe otherwise.
(2) I am not aware of a similar transcript on the Synopsys site.
I need to know more about what you are doing before I answer your other questions.
From: James S. Huggins (dot com)
Thanks for responding.
I am working on a page on my personal/hobby site. It is at:
I'm exploring the issues of GIFs, the Unisys controversy, software patents, IP, etc.
Take a look at it.
James S. Huggins
I wrote this email to obtain more info on the Statement of Synopsys on Software Patents. I have not yet received a response to my most recent email.
This page created: