I wrote Sun (actually sent an online web query) to obtain information on the Statement of Sun Microsystems on Software Patents.
I posted the web query through www.sun.com/aboutsun/media/form.html.
I am doing research on Software Patents.
The above reference web page shows what purports to have once been a statement regarding Sun Software Patent Policy.
I am attempting to obtain an on the record response to:
(1) Is this an accurate transcript?
(2) Does a similar transcript exist on the Sun site?
(3) Did this accurately represent Sun corporate policy, or was it solely a personal statement by Lee Patch?
(4) Is this still the policy of Sun?
(5) If it was and isn't now, when was it changed?
(6) If it never was, can you comment on it in any way? (e.g., a hoax, an urban legend, an unofficial statement, what?)
(7) Is there a newer statement of policy on Software Patents?
Thank you for your kind response. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.
James S. Huggins
I wrote this email (actually a web query) to obtain more info on the Statement of Sun Microsystems on Software Patents. I have not yet received a response to this email.
This page created: