I wrote Borland (now part of Inprise) to obtain information on the Statement of Borland International on Software Patents.
I am doing research on the Borland Software Patent Policy.
The above reference web page shows what purports to have once been a statement regarding Borland Software Patent Policy.
I am attempting to obtain an on the record response to:
(1) Is this an accurate transcript?
(2) Does a similar transcript exist on the Borland or Inprise site?
(3) Did this accurately represent Borland corporate policy, or was it solely a personal statement by Robert Kohn?
(4) Is this still the policy of Borland? Of Inprise?
(5) If it was and isn't now, when was it changed?
(6) If it never was, can you comment on it in any way? (e.g., a hoax, an urban legend, an unofficial statement, what?)
(7) Can you comment in any further way on the substance of Software Patents, particularly with regard to Linux and Open Software?
Thank you for your kind response. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.
James S. Huggins
[remainder of signature details snipped]
I wrote this email to obtain more info on the Statement of Borland International on Software Patents. I have not yet received a response to this email.
This page created: